Attention, Internet: we’re looking for a new intern. Maybe it’s you?
If you’re good enough for Nick, you’re probably good enough for me.
I simply can’t resist a cat, particularly a purring one. They are the cleanest, cunningest, and most intelligent things I know, outside of the girl you love, of course. ― Mark Twain
OUP author Dr. John Horgan (Divided We Stand) on his experiences helping former child suicide bombers in Pakistan. (via Child suicide bombers find safe haven - CNN.com)
Photo: Mia Bloom and John Horgan at Sabaoon which helps children who have been taken in by the Pakistani Taliban to become suicide bombers.
I know I’m reblogging something I flagged, but this is kinda amazing.
When one of my authors keeps peppering me with pointless emails and I can’t get any work done —
(to be clear, I’m Lydia and you are Lizzie cuz you are probably way cooler than me)
Watch out university press employees
A sly French literacy campaign wins international plaudits. (Look again: that’s it right there!)
For more of this morning’s round up, click here.
(Submission from SubRightsGirl, thanks!)
How I feel with any business cards.
The Daily Dot: 12 crucial Tumblr tricks you probably don’t know 1) Know your... -
12 crucial Tumblr tricks you probably don’t know
1) Know your limits.
- The tag limit. Only the first 5 tags you put in a post are searchable.
- The search limit. Only the first 200 posts under a tag show up when you search that tag.
- The posting limit. You can post or reblog no more than 250 posts a day, and only 75 of them can be photos. The day ends at midnight EST.
- The friending limit. As many people discovered during the Mishapocalypse, you can only friend between 250-300 people on Tumblr in a day.
- The queue limit. The queue can only hold 300 posts at one time.
- The ask limit. You can only send 10 asks within a single hour, and only 5 of them can be anonymous.
2) Keep Tumblr from truncating long text posts.
Tumblr’s default behavior when reblogging long text posts is to reblog them as links instead. To make sure long posts get reblogged as text—or to truncate them if you only want to link to a shorter text post—go to the top right corner of the post and click the icon next to your settings. The drop-down menu will give you the option to change the format of the post. If you have a text post, clicking “Reblog as text” will retain the text of the post up until its original “read more” line.
3) You don’t need to insert a blank .gif at the bottom of your photosets in order to show full-sized photos. There’s already a workaround for this. Just go to your settings, select the Dashboard, and click “show full-size photos.”
4) Allow anyone to reply to any of your posts directly from the dash. For reasons no one can fathom, replying to people on Tumblr is a tricky thing. Sometimes you can’t reply until you’ve had someone friended longer than two weeks. Sometimes you can’t reply with photos. It’s a strange world. But one thing is certain: sticking a “?” in your post will cause the message, “Let people answer this” to appear. Check the box and profit.
5) tumblr.com/photos lets you see a mosaic of photos on your dash. Try it and be amazed.
6) Filter your dash by type by using “/show/[mediatype]”. Appending “/show/text” to tumblr.com will let you see only the text posts on your dash. This also works for photos, links, quotes, audio, chats, and videos.
LEARN ALL 12 TIPS FOR BETTER TUMBLING!
(Source: bookshop, via lizziebettysl)
Eat your heart out Pippa Middleton. I’m rocking the bridal shower planning.
DIY book shoes via NetGalley.
(via Philly Shoe Fairy: Book Shoes!)
Libraries will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no libraries. —